Ethos and Mission
Our school mission is displayed around our school and helps us to think about our purposes here at St Wilfrid's. The ideas of Belonging, Believing and Becoming are more than just buzz words - they’re the guiding principles behind everything we do at St Wilfrid's CE Primary.
When parents come to St Wilfrid's CE Primary for the first time, we often hear them marvelling at the caring, nurturing, family atmosphere.
This is very much our vision/mission statement which reads -
Our Christian school exists to provide a welcoming environment (Belonging) in which everybody is cherished and challenged (Believing) to fulfil their potential (Becoming).
This vision is rooted in Mark 4: 30-32... Jesus once told a story about a tree that grew from the smallest of seeds. As it grew larger and larger, the birds of the air were attracted from the shade and made nests in its many branches
- to each other in mutual support, respect and trust
- to the community of Northenden, providing it with outstanding local primary schooling
- to the Diocese of Manchester, as part of a family of 191 Church of England schools
- to the world in which we live, caring for the whole of creation regardless of race, religion or background
- in our gifts and abilities, as each child is unique and valuable
- in our potential, as each child will be challenged and nurtured
- in our Christian faith, as each child will be guided by our church ethos and values
- responsible and productive - a force for good in society
- engaged and pro-active - ready to change and challenge the world around us
- aware of our vocation, with a growing sense of purpose and preference
- well-rounded and self-aware, through a holistic and broad-based education
St Wilfrid's CE Primary will work tirelessly to ensure that each child not only becomes a force for good in society, but develops into a well-rounded young person in mind, body and spirit.
If you’d like to see our mission in action, please feel free to make an appointment to visit the school.
Please also find below the latest edition of our 'Together' magazine. A magazine for all our community and parishes within the St James and Emmanuel Academy Trust.