As part of our Covid-19 contingency plans we must make arrangements for learning to continue to take place should the school have to either partially, or completely closedown.
In line with current Government guidance, we must do the following:
For individuals or groups of self-isolating pupils, remote education plans should be in place. These should meet the same expectations as those for any pupils who cannot yet attend school at all due to coronavirus (COVID-19).
So, there are two situations we must be prepared for:
- A number of children having to self-isolate due to a positive test result within a class.
- The less likely event of a whole class or phase having to go into quarantine for two weeks following a cluster of positive cases in one part of the school.
Here are our contingency plans for those two eventualities:
Individual children or a small group having to self-isolate
Teachers will provide:
- A termly grid available on the website and on Dojo with links to online learning. This is broadly in line with topics covered in class.
- A printed out pack of worksheets for core subjects (Maths and English)
- A folder on Purple Mash where the week’s resources used in class (PowerPoints, accompanying worksheets etc) can be found.
A whole class or phase shutdown due to a cluster of positive cases
In this situation where the whole class and the teacher are isolating, the teacher will provide daily lessons on Google Classroom which children can access via a unique login. This login will not be shared until it is required. Children will be provided with work they can complete digitally and the class teacher will be able to feedback to them.
Please click on the PDF below for guidance on how to use Google Classroom.